Dark skin on upper lips?
The embarrassing dark shade that is like a mustache often made you avoid the crowd.
You may have sometime dealt with such condition, or may not, if you are a lucky one.
Those who face it, is truly annoying.
But every problem has a solution. You may have to wait for a few weeks (even few months) to see the result you desire.
But it works. So without looking again and again in the mirror, let’s look for some solution to it.
What actually makes your skin above upper lip dark
Dark skin on upper lip may be caused by a number of reasons.
1. Sun Damage
In most of the cases, the skin above the upper lip gets darker due to the sun exposure (for internal link article on “how to reverse sun damage”). This sensitive area is prone to catch the effects of direct sunlight on it. We have cells all over the skin of our body that are responsible for the skin colour. These are called melanocyte cells.
While staying in the sun for a prolonged period, these cells tend to create darker shade in order to protect the skin.
2. Hormonal Issues
It may be the effect of fluctuation in hormone secretion process. Hormones play vital role in the functionality of all the organs in the body. The disruption in its normal way can be caused by multiple reasons like, stress, insomnia, agitated state of mind to name a few.
3. Birth Control Pills
It has been found that those who takes birth control pills are more susceptible to have this issue. During pregnancy to it may cause, as there is a huge change in the hormonal level.
How to get rid of dark skin on upper lip
Now this is the ultimate question after we got to know about its probable causes. To get the result that you crave for, you just need to maintain a skin care routine and include in it the possible treatments to get rid of the dark skin on upper lip.
A proper routine will gift you with a smoother texture. Besides, it works wonderfully on skin blemishes.
We have listed out here few products that can be of great value in treating the dark skin on upper lip. Scroll down to find what will be the most suitable one for you.
Exfoliation is great for bringing out the brighter layer of your skin that is hidden behind the outer surface. With time, different factors like aging, sun-damage, environmental elements affect this outer layer causing damage.
Exfoliators help immensely to get rid of this damaged outer layer and let you experience the natural soft skin lying behind.
Here we have choosen carefully some of the best exfoliators that can really be beneficial for you.
1. Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (Chemical)
- This leave-on light non-abrasive exfoliator works wonder on uneven skin tone, blackheads
- Sheds the dead skin cells effectively and smoothens wrinkles
- The key ingredients are BHA or Salicylic acid and green tea that works as an antioxidant that is a bonus for a healthy-looking skin
- Free from cruelty, fragrance, and paraben
2. Tatcha’s The Rice Polish (Physical)
- This is a water-activated exfoliant containing Japanese Rice Bran that nourishes the skin and gives a healthy glow
- Rice bran and papaya enzyme work on giving a noticeable smooth skin instantly
- This formula is pH neutral amino acid-based that helps retaining moisture after exfoliation
- The rice bran, green tea and algae adds to the youthful glow
2. Glycolic peels
Glycolic acid is one type of alpha-hydroxy acid that is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Glycolic acid works amazingly on acne and the scar, stretch mark, ingrown hair on face and the body, melisma, dark spots, premature aging and like.
It separates the dead tissues from the living tissues thereby revealing a healthier looking skin. Here are few best glycolic acid peels that you should surely opt for if you want an even toned skin faster.
1. Glycolic Acid Peel 30% Professional Chemical Face Peel
- The glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid and retinol gently exfoliate and deeply hydrate the skin.
- A wonderful product for reversing environmental damages and signs of ageing
- Have a clear complexion with the minimized pores.
- A paraben and cruelty-free vegan product
2. Glycolic Acid 20% Resurfacing Pads for Face and Body
- This is a pure glycolic acid solution that helps reducing skin blemishes like wrinkles and fine lines
- Gradually fades scars and works well on any bumps on the skin that results in a smoother skin.
- It’s a power house of multiple vitamins like vitamins C, B5 and E. They work as antioxidant and help treating sun damage effectively.
- The calendula extract and green tea components contain anti-inflammatory property.
- The waffle pattern present on the pads ensures maximum exfoliation.
3. Vitamin C-rich Serum
Vitamin C is one of the essential components in most of the skin care products. It is effective in treating uneven skin tone, signs of aging, hyperpigmentation. It also checks premature aging.
1. Drunk Elephant Time to Wake Up Duo. C-Firma and B-Hydra Day Serums
- This is a great choice to have firm and bright skin throughout the day.
- L-Ascorbic and Ferulic acids present in C-Firma promote firm, bright and even-toned
- The product is free from silicones, essential oils, SLS, fragrance, alcohol etc.
- This is easily absorbable. The look or feel of the ingredients can be changed with time without compromising on the effectiveness.
- A complete weightless formula
- The product gets absorbed instantly and goes deeper inside the skin layers.
- The serum has soothing properties that are greatly beneficial for especially sensitive skin.
There is absolutely nothing to say about sunscreen as all are already aware of its essentiality. Sun damage can also be the reason for dark skin on upper lip. So protection from it is mandatory.
Before purchasing just you need to take care of its effectiveness in terms of SPF and other factors.
We have tried to make this process easier for you. Here are some collections that will give you a perfect finish along with total benefits.
- It is lightweight and works as moisturizer as well.
- Broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 50+ gives a complete protection.
- Protects the skin constantly.
- Sweat and water resistant for continuous 80 minutes.
2. Colorescience’s Sunforgettable Total Protection Brush-On Shield SPF 50 (Powdered sunscreen)
- It is an awesome product to give you total invisible protection from environmental factors like UV rays, radiations, pollution, blue light from any gadget.
- All-mineral rich in antioxidant that creates a protective barrier against free radicals responsible for age factors.
- Keeps the skin soft and supple with hyaluronic acid.
- Portable, easy application even on makeup and most suitable for reapplication for the entire day.
- The antimicrobial bristles are appropriate to keep up the freshness and keep the brush protected.
- Constant 80 minutes sweat and water-resistant.
- Get an instant flawless appearance.
- Covers dark spots, pores, and blemishes to give a perfect look.
- Talc-free and don’t look over-rated.
- Comes with anti-ageing formula.
- Effective sun protection with SPF 50+.
Dark skin on upper lip can easily be treated if you include the above mentioned processes in you daily skin care routine.
Just a little effort, and you are what you want!
So without delaying fix your routine, choose your products and start caring your skin.
Tell us which one works best for you.