Almost every beauty concerns around me share their view that I should use toner if I aim to have a complete skincare regimen especially if I have oily skin.
But before I start using something, I must know why it is important to incorporate it into my daily skin care routine.
Here we have shared the reasons of using toner along with 7 best toners for oily skin.
Who can say, one of them may become your favourite!
What Does Toner Do For Your Skin
To use toner is to give your skin an extra deep cleansing. Its primary job is to remove the residues from your cleanser, and any impurities, may it be sebum, sun screen, makeup, dead skin cells left even after double cleansing (Want to know more about double cleansing? Here it is: best cleansers for oily skin).
So you can understand well, the more deeply cleansed, the less chances of any future breakouts!
Some More Added Benefits of Using a Toner!
The skin toner benefits other than deep cleansing are:
- Helps in Detoxification
Every day our skin accumulates toxic elements from environmental pollutants like smoke and similar other harmful particles. They gradually create a layer on the skin that can’t be totally removed by cleansers. If neglected, they can cause serious break out or other skin issues.
Toner deeply works on it and helps get rid of these harmful substances.
- Hydrates and Nourishes
The secret of younger looking skin is its elasticity for which the skin remains soft and supple. The skin needs moisture to maintain its elasticity. A properly hydrated skin is less prone to breakouts, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
Toner helps to keep the skin’s moisture level intact and thereby having a smoother glowing youthful skin every time.
- Restore Skin’s pH Balance Quickly
The pH level is a barrier of the skin. Skin is acidic and the normal pH level is between 5 and 6 (In a pH scale, 7 is neutral, above 7 is considered alkaline). When it comes in contact of some cleanser and water, its pH level gets disrupted. It is important for skin to get back to its normal pH level as soon as possible.
Toner makes it easy. It saves the skin from being more oily and prone to infection.
- Tightens pores and Gives Protection
Toner effectively shrinks large pores thereby lessening the chance of impurities to get inside and clogged into the pores. It helps create a protective layer on skin.
- Reduces Acne and Prevents Future Breakouts
The cause of acne is primarily the build-ups on the pores. Toner effectively shrinks the pores thereby allowing less impurities to get inside and clogged into the pores. Toner clears these impurities and helps in reducing acne gradually. This lowers the chances of future breakouts too.
- Refreshes Skin in No Time
A toner can make your skin feel fresh instantly. It is particularly useful during long journeys or after a tiring day. Just swipe with a cotton pad or spray directly on your face, and see the result!
- Useful for Other Body Parts too
Not only face, you can apply toner on your other acne prone body parts like, back, chest, arms ears too.
When to Use Toner
You have to use toner just after cleansing. If you want to apply some face mask, then use toner after you wash the mask off.
Toner is basically there to purify your skin before applying any skin nourishing products, like moisturizer. Toner makes it easier for the moisturizer to penetrate the tissues effectively.
Along with the time to apply it, we must know “HOW to apply it”.
Here is a tiny video for you. It will take only 2 minutes:
Best Toners for Oily Skin
Here is our collection of 7 best toners for oily skin that will surely make you fall in love with them!
1. [KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial Toner
This non-irritating formula will help you in:
- Keeping your skin well hydrated after cleansing
- Faster absorption
- Maintain the pH balance of your facial skin
- Soothing irritated skin
- Experience a cruelty-free vegan product
2. Proactive Revitalizing Toner
This alcohol free toner:
- Is rich in the extracts of witch hazel, chamomile, aloe vera, and other herbal plants
- Exfoliates gently and makes skin free of excess oil
- Calms irritation
- Helps in developing healthy cells
- Maintains the natural oil balance of the skin
3. Facial Toner and Organic Face Mist – Extra Nourishing & Hydrating Natural Face Mist
This product is useful in multiple ways like:
- It rejuvenates and nourishes the skin to bring it back to its healthy natural glow
- It is perfect for sensitive skin conditions like rosacea, acne, aging, tightening of pores
- Properly balances skin’s pH
- Totally free from chemicals, sulfate, perfume, non-toxic and cruelty-free
- A completely organic face toner with all-natural ingredients
4. Facial Toner with Witch Hazel & Vitamin C by Amara Beauty
- Has nourishing ingredients that restores skin
- Is alcohol free, balances pH level without drying out
- Is free from harsh chemicals, dyes, sulfates, fragrances, parabens
- Contains essential ingredients for skin health
- Is vegan and cruelty free
5. NOTS 28 Remedy Balancing Toner
This multipurpose toner:
- Refreshes the tired skin
- Leaves skin well-hydrated, nourished, smooth
- Has brightening and anti-wrinkle effect
- Claims to improve skin texture
- Is rich in plant extracts and milk protein extract that effectively makes the skin even-toned
6. PCA SKI Nutrient Facial Toner
- Is suitable for all skin types
- Provides hydration immediately
- Exfoliates gently and leaves a healthy glow on the skin
- Is a great source of essential vitamins and nutrients
- Is free from any dyes or irritants, fragrance, cruelty-free
7. Witch Hazel Face Toner – Organic Rose Water Toner for Women
This versatile organic toner:
- Is suitable for all skin types (oily, acne-prone, dry, sensitive, combination)
- Makes skin well-toned and nourished
- Reduces inflammation and redness
- Works as effective makeup remover too
- All organic ingredients, free from paraben, GMO, soy, gluten, cruelty free
And here is a BONUS only for you!
Teddie Organics Rose Water Facial Toner Spray
This Budget friendly formula can be your favourite too as of many already. It claims to:
- Make your tired skin instantly fresh after a long journey
- Soothes skin irritations, sun or razor burn
- Hydrates your scalp and makes hair soft and smooth too
- Formulated for all types of skin including sensitive skin concerns like rosacea
- Totally free from any chemical, preservatives or artificial fragrances
- Easy to carry and apply even when on journey
Some simple natural ingredients you can find handy and really useful in place of the product you use if you have already used the last drop yesterday!
Here is a list of your easy homemade skin toner instead of your favourite “ready to use” toner:
1. Rose Water
- Dab a cotton pad in rose water and apply it on face.
- You can instantly feel soothed and refreshed.
- An excellent toner for oily skin, rose water also helps in cell regeneration.
2. Aloe Vera
- Take fresh cut aloe vera leaf.
- Keep it for 15 minutes to let the yellowish liquid out.
- After 15 minutes wash it properly and scoop out the gel.
- Now dab a cotton pad in it and apply on the skin.
- The anti-bacterial property of aloe vera makes it a very effective toner
- Chop a fresh cucumber
- Take one cup of water in a pan and add the cucumber and let it boil.
- Wait till completely gets cooled and separate the solution from the solid.
- Your toner is ready. Apply with a cotton pad.
4. Green tea
- Prepare a cup of green tea.
- Wait until gets cool. With a cotton ball apply on your skin, or put in a spray bottle and use.
- Its antioxidant property gives an anti-aging effect to the skin.
5. Ice Cold Water
- Simply wet a cotton pad in ice-cold water and apply on the face after washing.
- Alternatively, wrap an ice cube in a thin clean soft cotton cloth and gently rub it on your face.
Nothing can be so simple, isn’t it?
We will just love it if our best toners for oily skin guide would be useful to you.
How do you like the tips?
Was it helpful to you?
Speak your mind. We love to listen from you.