Oh! Not again!
Do you feel this way to see a new breakout in the morning when you just stand before your mirror, but can’t have any solution that really works on it?
All these sticky oils that catch tons of dirt, grim and what not every day like a magnet, that causes this painful acne, is there really anything that let you free of it without making you feel stretchy?
Yes, and for that, you need to put yourself in a proper skin care routine.
And the first step of your routine is no doubt cleansing. To choose the best cleansers for oily skin is not at all tough. What you need is to choose cleanser based on what your skin actually needs.
Here are some tips for you on the cleansing process, and some products that can be in your favourite list soon!
Extra-Ordinary Skin Needs Extra-Ordinary Care!
Oily acne prone skin always needs extra care and that is why DOUBLE CLEANSING is very important.
You have to do double cleansing in two steps:
1. Cleansing with oil
This step is especially important if you have to wear makeup or any other heavy product like sunscreen and spend most of the time outdoor. Throughout the day your skin accumulates lots of dirt, dust, and other impurities which, if not removed properly on a regular basis, can be problematic later. Oil cleansing helps to remove these impurities effectively.
2. Cleansing with a foam or gel based cleanser
This is to ensure a deeper cleansing. You should prefer gel based formula over the foam based one, as the later generally tends to leave skin stretchy (though not all!). Your skin need a mild one. So put special attention while choosing cleanser.
Using a cleanser is really not a big deal right?
But unknowingly we keep on doing a few mistakes, and that actually does more harm than any good.
Let’s see here what things to keep in mind while washing your face with a cleanser:
Another important step just after cleansing is “toning”. Often people tend to ignore it.
The best toners for oily skin will help you to know in detail why it is so important to include a toner in your everyday skin care routine.
Which Oil to Choose for Oil Cleansing
Obviously there are lots of oils and all are unique in their benefits on different skin types. You have to choose first which oils are friendly to your skin type.
Before start using, you must take care of few things like,
- The oil’s comedogenic rating (to what extent it can clog pores)
- Whether it is 100% pure or is there any additives
Now you have to select the best cleansing oil for your skin, and how you can do that?
You have to look for those oils that is high in linoleic acid. This polyunsaturated fatty acid prevents from the pores getting clogged.
Here is a list from which you can choose your best oil with linoleic acid in highest amount:
Safflower oil (74.62%)
- Maybe a perfect choice for your oil cleansing due to the linoleic acid present in such a high amount in it
- You just love its light non-greasy feel when applied on skin and surprised how quickly it gets absorbed.
Grape seed oil (69.6%)
- Effectively heals oily skin conditions especially acne
- Absorbs in no time and no greasy feel
Sunflower oil (65.7%)
- Fights out bacteria that cause acne
- Keep away signs of aging with its moisturizing benefits (a BONUS!)
Hemp seed oil (60%)
- Best for sensitive oily skin
- Treats breakouts, inflammation and other skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
Rosehip seed oil (44%)
- One of the best options for cleansing and hydrating purpose
- Also good for stretch marks, scars, and other skin conditions.
- Its anti-oxidant property rejuvenates skin
Hey, we have some BONUS AMAZINGLY EASY AND USEFUL TIPS for you too for when suddenly you are out of the pack!
Keep on Scrolling a just a little!
How To Do Oil Cleansing In An Effective Way
You need to follow the steps below:
Take 1 teaspoon of oil on your finger tips and apply to every part of your face. Gently massage for a minute or two in a circular motion. If there is makeup, you can see that it is coming out gradually. Remember not to wet your face before the oil application. It may not give the desired result. Let it stay there for cleaning.
Take a clean wash cloth and wet it in hot water, let it completely get soaked and then wring out quickly. Now place it over your face ad wait for a minute or until it cools down. It will create steam that will help in removing excess oil and impurities. Repeat the process once again if you feel, and then gently wipe the face. A thin layer of oil may be still there but don’t worry, it is not those harmful one.
And it’s done!
Simple, isn’t it?
Here is a pretty short nice demonstration on how to do oil cleansing. Watch this below:
Now you know about the first step that is oil cleansing. For the next step we have some ready formula for you.
Here are 7 best cleansers for oily skin. All these are products with natural ingredients away from chemicals.
So why waiting?
Just scroll down to choose your best one!
1. Vitamin C Facial Cleanser by InstaNatural
This is a formulation rich with the goodness of Vitamin C and aloe vera. This product is:
- Effective for acne-prone skin clears pores and breakouts
- A gentle cleanser that cleanses as well as moisturizes
- Cleanses dull skin cells and fades away spots caused by sun exposure
- Rich in antioxidants that helps rejuvenate the skin
- Free from SLSs, parabens, synthetic dyes, mineral oil, and other such harmful substances
2. CLAR-I-TY Face Wash For Women & Teens
You may find it helpful to:
- Get rid of excess oil
- Reduce and prevent acne and pimples
- Get a brighter complexion
- Get a cruelty free product
- Experience a purely organic product free from sulfates, paraben, SLS, mineral oil, and other such harmful ingredients
3. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Effectively cleanses oil without disrupting the skin’s protective layer
- Removes makeup with ease
- Maintains skin’s natural moisture and soothes it
- Makes you feel refreshed
- Is free from fragrance and non-comedogenic
4. SkinResource.MD Pore-Clearing Cleanser For Acne-Prone Skin
What it does for you are:
- Clears your skin of excess oil
- Deeply cleanses pores to check the problem in the root
- Its Sulfate-free formulation doesn’t dry up the skin, gives a comfortable and soothing feel
- Have product free from sulfates, parabens, colorants, synthetic fragrance and free from cruelty
5. EltaMD Foaming Facial Cleanse
- Is pH-balanced and non-comedogenic
- Skin conditioning and soothing
- Reduces inflammation
- Gently cleanses makeup, dirt, and other impurities
- Has no harsh surfactants, and so doesn’t dry up and irritate the skin
6. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash
With it you can experience:
- Natural ingredients that cleanse as well as heal damaged skin
- Effective control over acne and prevents further breakouts
- Deep pore cleansing and non-drying makeup remover with a refreshed feeling
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- No sulfates, parabens, silicons
7. PCA SKIN BPO 5% Cleanser, Clarifying Daily Facial Wash
- Clears out existing breakouts and prevents future occurrence
- Gently exfoliates the older skin cells on the skin surface
- Antibacterial properties soothe acne
- Botanical extracts calms inflammation
- Leaves skin refreshed with even toned complexion
Oops! The pack is over. What to do now?
We have some easy tips that can manage your cleansing routine till you buy the new pack!
These are here:
Easy To Prepare Homemade Cleanser
1. Tomato and Cucumber for a Refreshed Feel
Really? Yes. These two are the most familiar ingredients in our salads. But these can clean your skin and removes those irritating oils on it. Let’s see how it works:
For This You Need
- 1 small sized tomato
- ½ cucumber
Now What You Have To Do Is
- Put the two in grinder and blend until it gets smooth.
- Now apply this paste evenly on the face and leave for 10-15 minutes or until it gets half dry.
- Wash off with cool water.
And you are done.
How Frequently You Can Do This
Everyday. Yes, this natural cleanser is for everyday use. So whenever you feel sticky, just give yourself the refreshing touch of this simple homemade cleanser.
Why Cucumber and Tomato
They are super rich in cleansing formula. To remove all the dirt and impurities, tomato works superbly. Cucumber adds a cool soothing touch and make you feel fresh. Now you know why they can work wonderfully for you.
2. Lemon and Honey: Feel Squeaky Clean and Hydrated
Yes, you have read correctly. It’s that lemon and honey we just love to add to the tinkling on our taste buds. This sweet honey and tangy lemon can do wonders to your skin too.
You Just Need
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
What You Need To Do Is
- Mix both the ingredients. It should not be too runny nor too thick. Feel free to add a little bit of water if needed.
- Apply on the face and gently massage for one or two minutes and then let it stay there for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind not to make it fully dry on your skin.
- Now it’s time to wash your face with lukewarm or normal water.
When and How Frequently To Do This
On a daily basis. You can apply it anytime, but it nourishes your skin along with the cleansing part if you put it in your night cleansing routine.
Why Honey and Lemon
The citric acid content in lemon does the cleansing part superbly and controls the excessive oil secretion while honey works for hydrating your skin. Honey takes care so that in the whole process your skin can be saved from damage and stay moisturized.
Easy, isn’t it?
P.S.: If you have sensitive skin, the following cleansing agents will be safer options for you.
3. Gram Flour and Turmeric For Instant Clean Bright Look
These two, the mostly used natural effective ingredientsin your kitchen, have their cleansing properties too.
You Just Need
- 1 tablespoon gram flour
- One pinch of turmeric powder
Now What To Do Is
- First mix the powders and store it in an airtight container. Be sure it doesn’t come in contact of water, otherwise it will not last long.
- When you need to use, just take out a tablespoon of this mixture. Add water to it and make a smooth paste.
- Apply on your face and wait for 4-5 minutes. Now gently rub it in a circular motion for about 1 minute and leave for 2-3 minutes more.
- Finally rinse off with cool water and you are done.
How Often To Do This
You can use it in alternate days. It will gently exfoliate your skin too along with cleansing.
Why Gram Flour and Turmeric
Gram flour works to cleanse the dirt, other impurities and absorbs the excess oil from your skin. Turmeric with its antibacterial property works as a safeguard to your skin. The plus point is an instantly bright look.
4. Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) to Feel Clean, Smoothed and Nourished
You might have listened about this in the beauty products, but this works wonderfully to give you a flawless healthy look besides cleaning it.
Do you want to know how it works on your skin? Here it is.
All You Need Is
- 1 tablespoon Fuller’s Earth
- Rose water or plain water
What To Do Next
- Mix both the ingredients together. Make sure to prepare a thick paste.
- Apply on your face and wait for 10-15 minutes or until it gets half dry.
- Gently rub and wash off with cool water.
How Often You Can Do This
In alternate days you can apply this and every time get a smoother texture in no time.
Why Fuller’s Earth
Because besides cleansing, it detoxifies your skin, acts as a pore cleanser and help reduce oil secretion.
So many benefits with a single formula!
So, here ends our search for the best cleansers for oily skin.
Feeling a little motivated?
Which one do you feel like starting with?
Your answers are great motivators.
Waiting to listen from you!