“Oily skin” and “moisturizer”, can we pronounce them at the same time?
Yes, and here is the trick where most of us make a serious mistake. Oily skin needs moisturization just like the other skin types.
Here we are going to reveal those secrets that are going to add a healthy glow to your skin (not the sticky one).
Along with that, we have shortlisted eleven best moisturizers for oily skin that will prove to be extremely beneficial for you.
What does moisturizer do to oily skin
As it sounds, a moisturizer does the same thing to oily skin as it does to dry skin, it provides hydration to the skin. Moisturizer protects the skin by creating a barrier that helps retaining the natural moisture of the skin.
It is quite easier to understand for dry skin, but seems a little bit tricky in case of oily skin. People having oily acne-prone skin often tend to over-wash to get rid of the shiny look. But actually it over-activates the process of oil production. It further increases the chances of future breakouts.
Along with this, some environmental factors like UV rays or pollution contribute in damaging the skin.
To save the skin from all these factors, moisturization is a must. It keeps the oily skin hydrated which is helpful in preventing future breakouts.
The Correct Time to Use It
Anything if done in a correct way at a correct time can give the optimum result. Moisturization has some specific times. If you follow it religiously, you will experience all its benefits in no time.
Your skin gets ready for an intense moisturization right after a shower or wash. Make sure you don’t completely dry out the wet skin after washing it, rather let the water residue stay there. Wipe gently with a soft towel and apply moisturizer on the moist skin.
You should avoid applying moisturizer without washing the skin for two reasons. First, moisturization to an unclean skin catches more dirt and dust that leads to a breakout. Secondly, the task of moisturizer is to lock the moisture present in the skin. Dry skin doesn’t have any moisture, and therefore the purpose of applying moisturizer gets failed.
Another best time to moisturize your skin is, the morning and bed time at night. Our skin needs hydration at the beginning of a day to function better. The night time is the best time when all the repairing actions are done. Moisturization before bed gives the skin the total nourishment it needs.
The other most important time when you should never miss applying moisturizer is, before you apply makeup. It guards the skin from any potential harmful effects and makes it easier while removing the makeup. It also adds more natural shine to your makeup look.
Here is how to apply moisturizer correctly on your face:
How to choose moisturizers for oily skin
Few factors you need to keep in mind while choosing your moisturizer.
- It must be oil-free so that it makes you feel lightweight after applying it and not greasy and heavy.
- It should instantly get absorbed in your skin.
- Find out in the tag “non-comedogenic” in the product description. It ensures the product dies not clog pores.
- Ou also need to use moisturizer that will protect your skin while out in the sun. So look for lotions having sun protection ingredients especially zinc oxide.
11 best moisturizer for oily skin that will mostly suit your needs
1. The Body Shop Tea Tree Mattifying Lotion
If you are looking some product that controls shine and also works on acne, then this will be right for you.
- It Controls oil effectively with a matte feeling with hydration
- Face won’t look shiny for a long time
- A non-oily lightweight formula
- Reduces pimple
- Helps to get a clear complexion with the benefits of purifying tea tree and other essential oils
2. CeraVe Face Moisturizer with SPF 30
Are you searching for a moisturizer that will give the benefits of sunscreen too?
Then you should go for it.
- It’s a non-greasy non-heavy product
- Gives a matte finish with a soothing touch
- Gets absorbed quickly
- Broad spectrum sunscreen saves from sunburn
- Hyaluronic acid retains skin’s natural moisture
- Recommended by Skin Cancer Foundation for everyday use
3. Tea Tree Oil Face Cream for Acne Prone Skin Care
It’s a great product if you are looking to soothe your acne-prone dry and itchy skin.
- An effective acne treatment formula without any irritation
- Non-toxic, paraben-free, gentle, vegan and free of hormone disruptors
- Helpful in treating acne, blackheads, blemish
- Makes pores less visible
- Works in rosacea too
4. Paula’s Choice SKIN BALANCING Invisible Finish Gel Moisturizer with Niacinamide & Hyaluronic Acid
This formula is specially good to treat large pores.
- Awesome gel finish
- Absorbs quickly and won’t let you feel greasy
- Good under makeup
- Antioxidants help treat uneven skin tone, wrinkles and minimize pores
5. InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Anti Aging Night Face Cream
- Treats hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines
- Light and absorbs fast
- It claims to work well in sensitive acne prone skin
- The skin texture gets improved
- Free from parabens, mineral oil, sls, petroleum and other such ingredients
6. Organic Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid by Talar Natural Skin Care
- Provides anti-aging benefits
- Gets well with sensitive skin
- Experience a supple and smoother skin with regular use
- Can lighten up pigmentation and soothes saggy tired eyes
- Goes well under makeup
7. BEST Vitamin C Moisturizer Cream for Face, Neck
- Vitamin C brightens skin tone, treats sun-damaged, blemished, aged skin, hyperpigmentation
- Rich in antioxidant, it improves skin texture and makes wrinkles and fine lines fade gradually
- A paraben soy corn-free vegan product
- Effective wearing under makeup and good for sensitive skin
- Works well in humidity too
8. Organic Face Moisturizer: Anti Aging Wrinkle Cream
- Rich with natural anti-aging ingredients that fights out wrinkles, acne scars and other dark spots
- Increases firmness of the skin
- Skin texture gets improved and gives even skin tone
- Paraben and cruelty free lightweight product
- Works great under makeup
9. Organic Facial Moisturizer Ultra Hydrating With Hyaluronic Acid
- All organic ingredients
- Fast absorbing non greasy formula
- Fights out signs of aging
- Leaves skin even toned
- Protects and repairs skin effectively
10. 10% Glycolic Acid Anti Aging Wrinkle Face & Neck Cream
- Reduces pores significantly
- Works on blemishes
- Gives even toned complexion and great under makeup
- Reduces signs of aging
- Free from parabens, alcohols, sulfates and such other stuffs
11. Glo Skin Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer for Oily Skin
- Rich in antioxidants and botanicals that strengthen skin
- Protects skin from environmental damage
- Helps in collagen synthesis and its water-binding ingredients repair the skin
- Claims to be ideal for acne-prone skin
Have chosen yours to try with?
Share your experience how you have liked our guide on best moisturizers for oily skin.
Waiting to listen from you.
Have a happy skin!